Advantages of Co curricular Activity
- Co-curricular activities (CCA) make a horizon for systematic and meaningful learning opportunities and prepare students for future.
- CCA makes you active and energetic thereby help in learning and enable to develop multiple skills to students.
- Co-curricular activities help in holistic development of the personality.
- Co-curricular activity along with formal education helps to channelize the hidden potential of the students and make you a good citizen.
- Domains like social, academic, intellectual, cultural, democratic, civic and aesthetic get enriched after participation in co-curricular activities.
- Students, who are good in sports, also have good academic record.
- Co-curricular activities help in realizing the importance of education and develop the spirit of healthy competition.
- Co-curricular activities support students practically and professionally for a better future.
- CCA enhances students experience, understanding and brings benefits beyond students and parents expectation.
- It is a good source of remaining fit and healthy, and provides you a mental rest.
Co curricular Activities in Primary School
It is the primary level, where the importance of co-curricular activities cannot be ignored. All the education thinkers had given prominent space to CCA in this stage.
The different co-curricular as follow:
- Simple story writing
- Fancy dress
- Folk Dance
Co curricular Activities in Secondary School
A number of parents are worried related to participation of their candidates in co-curricular activities. They raised question what is the importance of co-curricular activities in school. Here, the role of event motivator has become pivotal pursuing the parents regarding benefits of co-curricular activities. In high school, a large number of co-curricular activities are organized
Examples of co-curricular activity conducted in senior secondary school are:
- Debate and discussion
- School magazine
- Study circle
- Art groups
SPORTS AND GAMES:
- Indoor and outdoor athletics
- Mass drill
- Fancy dress
- Folk Dance
- Folk Songs
- Cooperative Bank
- Cooperative Store
- Students’ Council
- Celebration of Religious
- National and Social Festivals
- Organizing of School Panchayat Mock Parliament.
- Social Study Circle
- Cultural Programmes
- First Aid
- Junior Red Cross
- Social Survey
- Stamp Collection
- Coin Collection
- Collection of Copies
- Visit to Museum, Zoo etc.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- National Sports Organisation (NSO)
- National Service Scheme (NSS)